Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suddenly can't open many web pages.....

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RhonB

RhonB

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hi there...

Think I need a a little help please.

Earlier this evening...suddenly Avast started not allowing me to connect to alot websites, including Facebook. An avast notification keeps coming up telling me it has blocked this one and that one as it is harmful and a trojan horse. Then I just get the connection problems page only. Thank goodness it is not blocking BC... <_<

On some of the Avast notification info boxes I was able to see quickly the normal page names (ie: facebook) but with other things after it such as addthis_widget(1).js or chatconn11d(1).js

I went and looked at the history in Avast and took a screen shot, I was going to add it as an attachment here...but can't find how to do that in the new BC format... lol

I did an MBAM scan (quick scan) but it found nothing.... :blink:

Can somebody please advise what this is and how to get rid of it?

Thanks

RhonB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myrti

myrti

Sillyberry

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 33,768 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi RhonB,

so we meet again. :wink:

Have a look here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic390532.html/page__pid__2204062#entry2204062

It seems Avast had a bad update, updating your anti virus program should bring your PC back to normal.

regards myrti

is that a bird?  a plane? nooo it's the flying blueberry!

If I have been helping you and haven't replied in 2 days, feel free to shoot me a PM! Please don't send help request via PM, unless I am already helping you. Use the forums!

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 RhonB

RhonB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hi Myrti,

I was trying to research my registry exercise and I couldn't open alot of pages...

Thanks...I will try that and get back asap...

#4 RhonB

RhonB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

Yes!!! That worked Myrtie....phew ....thought it was something I did... :blush:
I will get back to my research now...

Thanks again :)

#5 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

:thumbup2:
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users