Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emailing pdf

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 greybelt

greybelt

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

I downloaded adobe reader x in order to read a screenplay I've written. It has to be sent in on pdf. I emailed it to myself to see how it looks, I can't open file, only view it. I can open in on my docs. in pdf. How come it won't open if I email it to myself. Will the person I email it to have the same problem. I have microsoft officeword 2007

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

It sounds as if you're trying to save a Word document as a PDF file. You can do that in 2007.

Open your Word document, click on the Office button, choose Save As, and choose PDF. The window that opens will prompt you to name the document, giving you a default location where to save it. You'll see in the File Type area that it will be saved as a PDF. The file will then be able to be read by anyone who has Acrobat Reader or any other PDF reader when you email that particular document to them.

#3 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:53 PM

"You can do that in 2007".

Indeed you can, but it's not a standard feature. You have to download & install the appropriate add-in from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=F1FC413C-6D89-4F15-991B-63B07BA5F2E5&displaylang=en

#4 txtchr

txtchr

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

Sorry, @pip22, no disrespect intended, but I don't know which version of 2007 you have (and I've never heard of this issue). I have 2007 installed on multiple machines in my house and I'm also certified in Word and Excel 2007 (I also teach Office 2007 in multiple labs during the day).

We never had to install any add-ons from Microsoft, neither in my labs nor at my house and we have always been able to save documents as PDFs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users