Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IRQL Blue Screens Plaguing Vista

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jasumi

Jasumi

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hello, I've been dealing with blue screens the pass couple of days...

These files look suspicious:
notoskrnl.exe
win32k.sys

They seem corrupt.

Yesterday, I was on the Internet, when the computer suddenly blue-screened. Upon startup, it stated that an IRQL_not_less_or_equal error was preventing windows from starting. To make matters worse, I can log into Safe Mode only 1/3 of the time without my PC crashing at the sign-in screen or as the desktop is loading. Sometimes it will even crash at complete random while I am inside Safe Mode while clicking on a button.

To make matters more interesting, I was using Malwarebytes to scan for viruses, and it found 60 in my system folders. Oddly enough, my computer randomly decided to shut down (and prompted me it was shutting down, like it had a mind of its own) while Malwarebytes was still scanning my hard drive, leading me to believe this is the virus's way of avoiding detection. The same happens when I use other virus scanners, too.

I also used ESET online scanner and it found 18 win32 trojans and removed them, but I'm still having this problem. I also cleaned my registry, but no luck.

Edited by Jasumi, 11 April 2011 - 02:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jasumi

Jasumi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:35 AM

Nevermind, decided to re-install windows :thumbsup:

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:57 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users