Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replace Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 edczuch

edczuch

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Hey guys, I'm having a issue with a HP Elite computer, its now saying on startup that the hard drive is going to fail and must be replaced. It still works great after boot up. Is there a program that i can use to make a exact copy of the original onto another then just replace the hard drive.

I have read that a program XXCopy may be able to do this for me.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Audiopulse

Audiopulse

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

http://download.cnet.com/Acronis-True-Image-Home/3000-2242_4-10168093.html

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Acronis True Image is the best of breed, but it's not free. A good free alternative is Macrium Reflect.

#4 Audiopulse

Audiopulse

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:23 AM

^ Yes, I was also going to post Macrium Reflect. However, the reason I posted True Image is because True Image will only image the used space, whereas Macrium will image the whole drive, used and free space. So in case the OP uses a smaller drive, it will be fine... as long as the new drive is larger than the drive he wants to image. Also, it's free for 30 days :)

-Audiopulse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users