Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Box on Forum Pages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Damon1

Damon1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

I'm really not sure if this is the right area to post this, but this is the area of the site which seems dedicated to the features of the site and any problems users may encounter using the site

I have just registered because I need help (obviously). However now, since I registered, every time I click on a forum topic to view the thread on that subject a black box appears on my screen and covers up more than half of the viewing area.

Am curious to what the cause might be, if it's a feature that new users encounter until "matured" on the site or what.

I have always been impressed with the site as it helped me out tremendously on some difficult virus removal projects. But this is not very impressive to me. This only started happening AFTER I registered on the site.

Please help.

Edit: Moved topic from Mini guides and how-tos - Simple answers to common questions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:54 PM

Try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Then restart your machine and log back in. Let us know either way. This is not something normal for the site by the way.

EDIT: Could you let us know what browser and version of the browser this is happening in?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

I have had this happen to me erratically on occasion. Using Firefox at least 2 different versions, but not the one I currently have which is the latest 3 version. Sometimes, the black box would float down. Never figured out why this would happen. Frustrating to say the least. Sometimes refreshing the page would fix it, other times the black box would shift position when refreshing, and sometimes nothing would happen.

~ OB
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#4 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

Hello Damon welcome :)

I just enabled scripts to see if i could see this box (I thought it might be javascript related) and i didnt see anything..... I reloaded this thread several times and didnt see any box over it..... (Then disabled them again)

Have you tried disabling scripts and see if you still see the box??

Good luck bud :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users