Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 M4Kval

M4Kval

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

Hey!

I have an Acer Aspire 7738g with a Intel Duo Processor T6600 2.2 GHz and a NVidia Geforce GT 240M videocard, 500 GB Hitachi HDD, 4 GB DDR3, I have the newest update of the videocard. I'm not sure what kind of motherboard I have. The Windows 7 was preinstalled in the computer which was bought and set up in october november month 2009. I did a system recovery in September and then later in november desember (I think) I have had a few BOSD before but I didn't think it was a that big deal, because it had always been ok after a reboot and most of the times it had been overheated to I think (this haven't happend often maxium 5 times) And I haven't had any problems for long time! Not after the two System Recoverys at least. I hade ESET Smart Security installed with no problems at all. Everything was working fine, until I should install an update to Crysis 2. Yes it was not from the official EA server, I downloaded the 1.2 patch from the internet. Right after I had started the instalation it corupted and went to Blue Screen with

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Technical information:
*** Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x000000000018bfe0, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xFFFFF880011154FF)
*** iastor.sys - Adress FFFFF880011154FF base at FFFFF8800103000, Datestamp 4a287aa4

I've checked a bit around and found out that others have had some of the same problem. It's said that several of them found a Trojan Virus, my eset found one to but I belived that the source was ok, and I trusted it and installed it (or at least tryed to) and that how I ended up here. I don't think any others who wrote they got blue screen. After this I did a System recovery from Recovery CD's which was burned from the Acers recovery program on the computer. (It goes back to factory standard included comercial programs) because I got blue screen once I logged in to my user acc. When it happend the same again I took out the the hard drive from the computer and conected it to a clean computer and fromated it completly. For then to system recovery from the discs again. This didn't work either so here I am, screaming for help. I hope it's something to do. And I'm not a very experienced person, so it would have been great if I had been told what to do in a specific way.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M4Kval

M4Kval
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

I forgot to say, if it's important I've got a 64-bit Operating system.

#3 M4Kval

M4Kval
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

After a lot of searching on the internett on how to fix it I found an answer to the problem myself. I used the Windows 7 Recovery Discs which they have released themself. Sorry if anybody had started to come with a solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users