Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you for empowering me to solve problems!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sunshinebindi

sunshinebindi

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

My 13 year old daughter had fallen prey to the wicked skills of the evil computer nerds with nothing else to do then get their jollies screwing up peoples computers. She began receiving those very authentic looking pop up scanners that alerted her that her files were corrupted and that she should run the scans and, of course, purchase the products. Though she doesn't have the means to purchase anything without our consent, she did run the scans on numerous occassions culminating in an apparent hard drive crash. Luckily my husband was savvy enough to realize that this was just a sophisticated virus (though he had no idea how to fix it) and he was prepared to hire a consultant to fix it for us. Well, I decided to try my limited skills in fixing the problem myself. Thanks to your site which I found via google and enterring a specific alert I recieved as I hopelessly tried to correc the problem, I was able to follow you instructions step by step, eliminating the problem and revealing all of the computer files on the hard drive once again. I am so proud of myself and I could not have done it without your help. I am a believer! Thank you for providing needed, easy to follow instructions. Because God knows we can pay someone else to do it but it will likely repeat itself again and again and therefore it is a wonderful skill to gain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

I am pleased to here that you managed to solve your computer virus problem.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users