Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mobo and the chip drivers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

Hi,

I have a question about the Mobo and the Chip drivers:

The Mobo what I want have is included Chip drivers.
The Chip drivers what is included is 32-bit and 64-bit.
The Processor what I want have is 64-bit.
When I received my stuff than work I with a 64-bit machine.
After building, use I still Windows Xp home 32-bit .
My question in this is: Must I install Chip drivers 32-bit or 64-bit.?
When I forget Xp 32-bit, than say I: I must install Chip drivers 64-bit, because, I have a 64-bit processor, but I install Windows Xp home 32-bit until I have bought Windows 7 64-bit.
So the fact that I have soon a 64-bit machine and I use Windows Xp home 32-bit on my new machine, that made me confused.
Do I may your answer on my case, please.?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,428 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:24 AM

The chipset drivers are for use by Windows, so install the drivers that match the Windows you will be using.

For now, with 32-bit Windows, install the 32-bit drivers. In the future when you change to 64-bit Windows, you will use 64-bit drivers.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:34 AM

Okay Platypus, I'll do that.
If I have understood your information, than is it not necessary that I am in worse when I install the 64-bit version of the Chip drivers when I use in the future Windows 7 64-bit?.
I thought before I was reading your message, I ask this question, because when I don't do that and I made the wrong choice, than have I a problem.
I can than take out the accu(battery) for clear the Cmos, when you have built the Computer and after building got you problems by this through unexperienced and that is not the meaning.
So to day have I learned more important things about Computers and his O.S.
Thank you my friend for the useful information.
See you

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

There should not be any problem in the future when you change over to 64-bit Windows. You can't upgrade a 32-bit installation to 64-bit, so the 64-bit Windows will have to be installed onto a re-formatted drive, the 32-bit drivers will be gone and you'll install the 64-bit drivers instead into the new 64-bit Windows. Normally there shouldn't be any need to clear the CMOS memory, the CPU automatically operates in 32-bit or 64-bit mode according to which type of Windows starts up from the hard drive.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

So when I didn't ask this question, than was there no problem.
Okay, but that is something, what you must know.
As Hardware beginner, are you a little be afraid that you doing maybe wrong.
At least, I am.
In an earlier post from me, said I that I am a safety man and yes I have so my reasons for this.
In my life met I strange things and Hardware is still a new area for me also is it not the first time that I build a Computer.
I have for the first time in 2009 built a Computer together with my oldest son and his friend, now am I alone that I doing that and yes it is logical that there are some things were I say, this and that and how is that etc.
I hope that you do know what I do mean.
I am glad that there is a Computer forum, because when there were not, than can I sure, that I don't build a Computer.
By the forums have I learned lot of things on Hardware, but I do not know anything just like the Chip drivers until now.
By your information do I now know that the Chip drivers is for the O.S. and that I can upgrade the Chip drivers to 64-bit when the situation is there without the risk for damages of the Motherboard.
The new Motherboard has the functionality for over clocking what I did understand via the description of the Motherboard, but when I say in the future, I will now over clocking my system, than ask I the question for this.
But over clocking is at this moment not of application.
Thank you again, for the information about the Chip drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users