Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost pics from card between cut & paste

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hammer414

hammer414

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

I turned on my usb connected Sony Cyber-shot camera, then opened the drive letter for it in My Computer, Highlighted the pics I wanted, left clicked "cut", closed the camera window (instead of minimizing)(while talking on the phone) Right clicked in a folder and there was no "Paste".... OH bleep!... I reopened the camera drive letter again from My Computer, But the pics I had cut are gone.. I opened clipboard viewer.. Nada... OH bleep!
I know I shouldn't have closed the camera window B4 pasting, but is there something I can do to get the pictures back?? I shut the camera off and checked the card in a card reader but they are not there. I have not taken any other photos or put anything new on the card.
Do I have any options??? Thank you in advance for any ones time and knowledge.. John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

John, you could download Recuva and give it a shot. It's a highly recommended recovery program and it's free. I'm surprised you used the Cut option rather than Copy when attempting to transfer images. Sure hope you are able to recover your files.

Rosie

WinXP Pro sp3 \ Firefox, Panda, MBAM, SAS, SpywareBlaster

#3 hammer414

hammer414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:47 PM

Rosie, thank you for your reply. I'm surprised I used cut also. I was talking on the phone while transferring images and screwed up.. My multi-tasking days are slipping... I will try Recuva.
Thank you for your precious time, ~John~

#4 hammer414

hammer414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:40 PM

Rosie, Recuva worked for me... It retrieved the 10 pictures in question. 7 where good, a 3 were corrupted..
Thank you very much for your time... ~John~ :)

Edited by hammer414, 11 April 2011 - 04:40 PM.

#5 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

John, another thing you might try is a Search of your hard drive for image files modified by a particular date. That has saved my bacon on a number of occasions.

Posted Image

#6 hammer414

hammer414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:28 PM

Thanks Rosie.... Search didn't help, but Recuva did...mostly, 7 out of 10. 3 were corrupted. Funny thing is that the small icons are complete within a folder, but when I open 3 of them, they are just partial... oh well, not a big deal, I'm just glad I could get most of them... Thanks SO much.. ~John~ and thanks to Bleeping, that's twice this site has helped me.. I Pay it forward in other ways.. :)

#7 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

Glad you were able to capture most of your pix, John. I can't help but wonder what corrupted the three files? Maybe next time you would have more success using the camera's software for transfers to your computer.

CNN has an article today about multitasking as you age. I had to read it in case there were tips I could use. :)

Have a super day!

Edited by TulsaRose, 12 April 2011 - 05:39 AM.

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

You could also try another recovery program...sometimes what one picks up, others will miss, while what one will miss, others will pick up. I've used multiple programs to recover lost photos with mixed success. If it's important photos, it might be worth a shot. :thumbup2:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#9 TulsaRose

TulsaRose

• Members
  • 367 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

That's an excellent idea. Can you recommend another, trusted recovery program?

Rosie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users