Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista won't start up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stereolove

Stereolove

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:41 PM

Hi,
I've accidentally knocked my computer over several times, but a few weeks ago it fell pretty hard. My computer worked for about half an hour, then froze and blue/yellow lines began to pop up on the screen. I restarted it, and it worked for a few hours that day. However, it would only work for a few hours, then freeze until I restarted it every day during the following week. After that week, it would freeze after a few minutes. Now, it freezes as soon as the Windows Vista logo appears during start up no matter how many times I restart it and the screen has blue and yellow lines on this. Can this be fixed or do I have to buy a new computer? Its only 2 years old and I have a windows XP in the garage I can take spare parts from.
Posted Image

Edited by Stereolove, 10 April 2011 - 10:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:26 AM

In the assumption of a major impact, I'm guessing loose connection or damaged hardware.

I would strongly recommend de-assembling the system, part by part, check them individually and put them back together again. During this process, replace any component that shows physical damage or seems to be causing a problem.

Check these first: Video card, HDD

Depending on what sort of system you have in your garage, you could use some parts from it. Make sure they are compatible though.

Edited by ReviverSoft, 11 April 2011 - 01:26 AM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users