Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer won't tell me what processor it has nor how much ram it has

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ali28

Ali28

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:37 PM

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

When I right click on my computer to show properties it claims that the processor and memory (ram) is not available. I've had guests staying with me who are less than computer savvy and have d/led yahoo messenger which I'm still trying to get off my 'bleeping' computer. I'm sure they've d/led some stupid smiley face crap that's infected my computer. Plus I've had something odd happen on start up a few days ago. The computer didn't start up but instead when to start up repair. I let that go for a good half hour before canceling. The computer shut itself down and I started it up again. No problems but I did get this error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8A35938A
BCP3: 8B07B6BC
BCP4: 8B07B3B8
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini040711-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alicia\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-49748-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Alicia\AppData\Local\Temp\WEREB19.tmp.version.txt

No idea what that is.

I do have AVG free and I am currently running a slow scan and telling it to look everywhere including hidden files. No idea if I have to change settings on windows itself.
Looking at my AVG scan I've got tracking cookies out the ass from playsushi (game site), ad brite,2o7 (no idea), mediaplex, the list is going on. So I'm sure one of these morons has been d/l crap from popcap like sites and filling up the computer with bleep.

I imagine I'll have to do a systems restore. I don't have the cd for vista. I haven't done a restore ever. Please let me know if anything that needs to be done will erase pictures and documents.

Sorry for the language. I'm not very computer savvy, I do know what registry keys are and I don't feel comfortable screwing around with them.
Thanks for reading, appreciate any help.

Update: AVG found tracking cookies and ad ware. Computer still claims that processor and Ram are 'not avalible'.

Edited by Ali28, 11 April 2011 - 09:43 AM.
Moved from Vista ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users