Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display Driver Issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mitttch

Mitttch

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hello all, I've been recommended to this website from a buddy of mine, that said this was the #1 place to go for help. Sooo, here I am! Basically, I've been noticing some lag in my online game-play- so I decided to take a look at dxdiag to look at my drivers. And it says the following in my notes:

The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Should I be concerned about this? Could this possibly be effecting my game-play? I ask this because it says that
"ati2dvag.dll" is my [ main driver ]. So I don't really understand why or what isn't working properly. I really need some advice/help on this matter. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone who knows something on the matter could help me out. Thanks again!

Edited by Mitttch, 10 April 2011 - 04:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

It's very unlikely the video driver is the cause of your online lag. And don't worry about the fact the driver isn't WHQL certified.

#3 Mitttch

Mitttch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Thanks for the quick response! I really appreciate you clarifying that for me! I have one other question that maybe you can help me on. I use a very old display driver. It is: Radeon X1300/X1550. I recently tried looking for updates to the driver at the ATI website(http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_xp64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English) and it says:
"AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.

The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst™ driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above.

Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst™ releases made available past the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products."
------------------------------
I am trying to comprehend this. Does it state there are no more updates for my driver? Also, when I right click my ATI on the task bar, I have observed it say: (1.) Radeon X1300/X1550 Series (2.) Radeon X1300/X1550 Series Secondary.
Is it possible I have my drivers installed incorrectly? Do I need a secondary driver which is the same as my main? I'm sorry if you don't understand what i'm asking or trying to explain. I just feel like my driver isn't properly installed or I may have unknowingly messed something up. I will try my best to explain my issues further upon request. Thanks again!!!

Edited by Mitttch, 10 April 2011 - 05:26 PM.

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

Since your driver has been moved into the legacy category there wil not be anymore driver updates for it. As far as the primary and secondary that is refering to the display since your video card supports two displays using the one card. It will always show the secondary even if there us no monitor hooked up to it.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#5 Mitttch

Mitttch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

Ah, thank you very much for the information! Greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users