Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Has anyone dropped a PS2 Slim, now disc wont read

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kingjoser

kingjoser

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

I dropped my Playstation 2 Slim and it stopped working. I fixed it easily. You do have to open it. Only 6 screws though, very easy. Just have to open the top of the PS2, thats it. Reply and i will give you the fix. I just want to share because i remember how upset i was when i busted my barely bought PS2 Slim. I have only done it on a SLIM, so i dont know if it works on the fat PS2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

I'll tell you anyway. You flip the PS2 bottom up. you take out 6 screws, you have to pop out the little squares. 2 of them dont pop off. if they dont pop off easily then those are the ones that dont come off. Here is a link to a video in youtube that shows you how to disassemble a PS2 Slim After you open it there is a long gold screw looking bar on the side of the "power on" button, next to the lens. It should be out of place. just push it into place gently. that gold screw looking thing is what helps the lens move back and forth to read the disc. And if its out of place it cant move the lens to read the disc. It fits into a little socket. You will recognize if it is out of place. after that, just put your PS2 back together and it should work. If that little bar wasn't out of place then there is something else wrong with your PS2. This would only fix your PS2 if it turns on and everything works fine except it doesn't read your disc. Thats it. Good Luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users