Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange XP Behaviour

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Madforit

Madforit

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

In the last few days whenever i load something or try to install something A window opens saying Please wait while ATI Catalyst Control Center configures itself and then it tries to start installing the control center although it is already on the computer.
This means that it is almost impossible to uninstall or reinstall anything most of the time on this computer.
I think it started when ATI tried to update itself and it couldnt finish it for one reason or another.

If someone could help me with this problem it would be more than appreciated as it is becoming extremely annoying!!

Thanks

Madforit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

Uninstall the ATI driver completely (http://ati-software-uninstall-utility.updatestar.com/). Then reboot and download and install the current driver and see if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users