Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CANNOT CONNECT WITH INTERNET EXPLORER

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IRIMIWAZA

IRIMIWAZA

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

I had a virus out of nowhere on 4-3-2011. It was called, "XP Antivrus 2011". Microsoft Security Essentials" caught and removed certain Trojans but the computer kept poping up with fake Security Warnings if I tried to access the internet with IE. I could not access IE at all. Therefore could not update MSE and Malwarebytes.I backed up computer (My Documents) with an external hardrive and then ran COMBOFIX. In under 20 minutes those pop-ups were gone and it discovered some kind of ROOTKIT. Everything is now working properly except I still cannot connect to the internet. I have a gateway 2wire and it still works for connecting to the internet with my laptop. I ran both MSE and Malwarebytes in full scan and it found nothing else. I tried everything as listed on Combofix- restoring internet connection but it does still not work. Can someone please help me? How can I restore my internet connection? Thank you for anyand all help.

WINDOWS XP
SERVICE PACK 3
MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS
MALWAREBYTES

Edited by IRIMIWAZA, 10 April 2011 - 04:57 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users