Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus killing my USB?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SoberAddiction

SoberAddiction

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hello, I am having problems with my USB drives and devices in Windows 7. Everything works on my girlfriends computer, but fails on mine. We're both running Windows 7. I have re-installed Windows, but that did not fix it. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool found "ldr16.exe" and partially removed it but that did not fix my problem. Research linked "ldr16.exe" to TLD3 rootkit which apparently hides in the MBR and hooks into my computers device IRQ, handle, I/O or something like that. Windows takes forever to recognize the drive in Windows Explorer, but it is recognized in Devices and Printers. All the drives that don't work on my computer do have a drive letter assigned to them. I am now working on a fresh install with minimal updates. I would like to try and get this fixed without losing the data on my other 3 drives. I keep my smallest (120GB) for my OS only so I can wipe that at any time. Please note that my mainboard is a Sapphire PC-A9RD480Adv. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users