Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware posing as Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rayraydayday

rayraydayday

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

It looks like a process Hijacker, I can turn the program off in task manager, but it reopens after a couple of seconds. I disabled the executable through msconfig but it continues to run at start up. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rayraydayday

rayraydayday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

I am still getting many pop-ups and fake security scans, I run Malware bytes every day and it always finds a virus or trojan. Can someone please help me?

#3 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hi rayraydayday,

Not sure which rogue you have so start here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-clean-2011

#4 rayraydayday

rayraydayday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

Alright, SO I got rid of the rogue virus, now my problem is whenever I hit a link in a website it redirects me to phony listings, just random advertisement sites. I can never click a link without it redirecting me to a site other than what I wanted to view. The only way I can view a hyperlink is by right clicking it and adding it as a bookmark or adding it to my favorites list and selecting the link from there, or copy and pasting the full link in the address bar. Otherwise I constantly see adds saying that I won a prize for reputable businesses like Walmart, or Apple, or any other assortment of popular items. I just want to brows the internet like I used to without all these pop ups and fake websites.

Edited by rayraydayday, 17 April 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#5 coles1mom

coles1mom

• Members
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hi rayraydayday,

For google redirects http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-tdss-tdl3-alureon-rootkit-using-tdsskiller

#6 rayraydayday

rayraydayday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hi there,

I have not seen any problems for a while until yesterday! A fake Virus scanner popped up again. SO I tried running Malware bytes. The scan starts and then CLoses! After that when I click the link to open in I get this error;

Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

I have been opening other applications that just end up doing the same thing! they start to run and then they close and I can no longer open the program!

I am now running in safe mode to try and troubleshoot this problem. I Uninstalled and reinstalled malwarebytes but I got the same result trying to run it in safe mode! The application opens, then I try to start the scan and it closes and I can no longer open malwarebytes. It gives me the same error above!

WHat is this terrible malware?! Can someone help me? Why the h311 do people make this garbage?

Sorry for my frustration,
Thanks

#7 rayraydayday

rayraydayday
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

IGNORE THIS POST SORRY, I ADDED TO THIS OLDPOST SEE this instead;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic411637.html