Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Active Debugger

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 viksays

viksays

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 25 October 2004 - 12:03 AM

Hi,

I have a Kazaa plus installed on my computer. It was working fine but now when i try to open it comes with "The application cannot run with an active debugger in memory. Please unload the debugger and restart the application". I have tried shutting down spyware search & destroy and the firewall but still no success.

Please help :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:53 AM

Have you downloaded any applications recently? Neither Spybot nor a firewall should have a debugging fuction.
Cheers,
John

Edited by jgweed, 25 October 2004 - 06:54 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 25 October 2004 - 11:02 AM

Open up internet explorer and click on tools and then internet options. Click on the advanced tab and under browsing put a checkmark in the following options:

Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
Disable Script Debugging (Other)

Then see if it works

#4 viksays

viksays
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:50 PM

Thanks guys.. it appears to be working fine.. i had to reinstall it... but i have disabled IE Script debugging in Internet options.

Cheers,

Vik

#5 mccaffs

mccaffs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:26 AM

Help

I am getting the same error but I have checked my internet explorer and both of these are already checked. What else can I try?

mccaffs

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 03:13 PM

Click on start, then run, and type msconfig and press enter.

Click on the startups tab. Do you have anything in there that says dumprep?

#7 Nater76

Nater76

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2004 - 04:16 PM

I'm having the same problem, the tabs in Internet Explorer are both checked. I've run msconfig and can't find anything that says dumprep in it. Any other suggestions? It's not just Kazaa that has been affected. I have a Sierra game on the computer that won't run either.

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:45 PM

Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner, but have been away. See if this helps you:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812759

Its not the same error message but may apply

#9 Nater76

Nater76

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:38 PM

thanks. I'll give that a try and let you know if it works

#10 neo5

neo5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2005 - 02:06 PM

Hi guys,
I have the same problem. It seems that the windows XP sp2 has is the main cause of this kind of errors. I am getting the same error for more than 10 games including rollor coster tycoon, lamonde tycoon, monopoly tycoon, 18 wheels of steel across america etc. I updated my PC with latest drivers provided by nVidia-GeForce. Still the error is there. My PC contains P4, so amd_fix problem is not the cause, and I tried all other discussed options.

#11 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:08 PM

Do you have any services running that are debuggers? Like the Machine Debug Manager?

#12 bovril_156

bovril_156

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:42 PM

Hello chaps,

I had exactly the same problem with Kazaa on my SP2 machine. I stumbled across this post in the hope of finding a solution. Unfortunately your suggestions didn’t help / didn’t sound plausible.

Anyway, I got it working by running Kazaa in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. Right click the Kazaa link on the Start menu, click Properties. Click the compatibility tab and select Windows 2000.

Since it worked for me, I decided to register and post this reply. Hope it helps.

Who’s the daddy?

Powlo

#13 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:54 AM

Who’s the daddy?

Hopefully you :thumbsup:

#14 keegan

keegan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:00 PM

I am having this same problem.
I tried the one suggestion of switching to Windows 2000 compatibility, and it worked... just that once, and now it hasnt worked since. and i too checked in my options and both of those disable boxes are checked.
I do have norton anti virus, and i imagine that must be my active debugger, but im scared to mess with it. i dont even really need it, but it came with the computer, and one time in college i tried to uninstall what i thought was a unnecessary virus protection system and crashed my hard drive. does anyone know if norton antivirus is my problem, and if it is, how i can safely solve the problem?
thanks

#15 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:32 PM

What happens when you disable norton antivirus temporarily and then try kazaa? Does it work?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users