Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Avicap32.exe Error On Startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zen82

Zen82

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:51 PM

Within the last two days, I began getting an error message stating that "Avicap32.exe" has encountered an error and needs to shutdown. This appears on system startup. I run Windows XP Home Ed. and have run registryfix and CCleaner, also checked msconfig and avicap32 is set to run on startup. The other registry lists through the above programs have not blocked the task either. I have looked for awhile and can barely find information on what this even does -- if it's not neccessary then I'd like to just take it off the startup list. This is my first post on this site so if I've left anything out I apologize. I appreciate any help ya'll can give me on this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:11 AM

Zen82,

First of all let me say Welcome to Bleeping Computer. What you have is not a good thing. But we can get you taken care of and get rid of this piece of junk.

You'll need to post a HijackThis Log. Follow the instructions below and you'll be on your way to getting rid of your problem.

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully.

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Be (Malware) Safe

Da Bleeping Advisor, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users