Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Download Files From Rapidshare

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 airaced57

airaced57

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

My OS is WIN XP(SP2). I use Outlook Express and also have Internet Download Manager (IDM).
I have been unable to download files through the free version of Rapidshare. I wait for the download indicator to appear, type in the requested code then click on the "Download" button. My IDM download box appears and when I click on "Start download" an error box showing: "Requested file does not exist. HTTP/1.1 404 not found."appears.
I was previously able to download files from this source however cannot recall what I might have done (i.e. new utility or program)that now precludes me from doing so now.
Would appreciate any assistance you can provide in this regard.TYI, mchaggis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Iit may be that Rapidshare does not approve of your downloader application (especially if you are using the "free" download). Try downloading the file without using IDM.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 airaced57

airaced57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:34 PM

Thankyou jdweed,
That is exactly the case. I cancelled out IDM for Rapidshare downloads and tried a download which took place without problem. I should have read the small print on the Rapidshare site which specifies that only their premium account accepts download accelerators. Thanks for your help and sorry for the inconvenience. mchaggis

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

Glad I could be of help.
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users