Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Radeon 9500

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stormeh

Stormeh

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:23 PM

Okay, before I state the problem, I will give some background info. Yesterday I updated the drivers for my ati radeon all-in-wonder 8500dv card. Everything was fine, running smoothly and not lagging. Then today, I took out my old card and put in my new radeon 9550. When i booted my computer up, there was a program called "Ati Display Drivers" and it added "Radeon 9500" and "Radeon 9500 Secondary" after installing my new card into my computer, I went to add and remove programs and got rid of all the ati things, and got rid of my 8500dv out of the "Ati Display Drivers" program and put in the software cd. It installed all the software for my new card, drivers, something called hydravision..ati remote wonder, media center and then it reconfigured my screen to 1280 x 1024 pixels and I restarted my computer.

When it booted up and got to the login screen, everything was laggy. Now whenever I try to do anything, it lags. When I scroll on a website, (I use firefox) it scrolls in lines and lags, whenever I open anything, programs or I click on the start menu, it takes forever to open and see all the programs, and then when I click off, it takes forever to go away.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

I think that your previous drivers configure your 9500 for all in wonder use, when it wasnt meant to run that way. Uninstall all drivers from ati, from add/remove. Then try a full reinstall of the latest radeon gpu graphics drivers from ati.com After you do that, it should properly configure your card to play normally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users