Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another Intro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stever_sl

stever_sl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:28 PM

The registration page said to introduce myself, so here's the basic info: I'm too old to understand computers, too dumb to know even the most basic things, yet I have to use them (like everyone else) so I get into trouble a lot! Several weeks ago I had a bad scare due to an oddity of Norton/Symantec (it filled my entire hard drive with the same 1 meg warning filed into Quarantine 27,000 times), today I've lost some basic functionality in Windows, and so I thought it was time to consult somebody who knows this stuff. Hopefully I can get this sorted out before my "significant other" gets back from her Christmas vacation!
- Steve Richardson
St Louis MO

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 01:42 PM

We will try to help you.
Post separately about your functionality loss in the forum for whatever Windows version you are using. It will be important to list precisely what functionality you have suddenly lost, and any "odd" events that you have seen today.
Some simple steps you might take:
1. Run your anti-virus as well as any spyware applications you might have (Ad-AwareSE, for example) and see what they find.
2. Run scandisk
3. Have you defragged recently?
4. Have you installed any new programs or updates/patches very recently?

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:06 AM

:thumbsup: to BC! stever_sl.

Good Luck,
yano :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic