Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is infection possible through a facebook 'like'-trap?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Aolsen

Aolsen

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hello everybody!

Maybe you've had this question before, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so here goes:

I went on facebook. On my page it said that a friend of mine liked a video. I clicked it (I know, I know, stupid me).

No video. Apparently nothing happened. Except now my facebook page is informing everybody that I like the video too!

Oh no, I thought. A like-trap. And I fell for it! (D'oh! (smacking forehead))

Is it possible to get infected in this way?

My virus program tells me that I didn't.

Maybe not, but I can't help thinking: Nobody goes through the trouble of programming something like that for no reason. Most likely, therefore, somebody was trying to infect me with something. Is there any way for me to know for sure they didn't succeed?

Regards
Aolsen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users