, please post the complete results of your MBAM scan for review.
To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.
Logs are saved to the following locations:
- Click the Logs Tab at the top.
- The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
-- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
- Click on the log name to highlight it.
- Go to the bottom and click on Open.
- The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.
- Go to Edit and choose Select all.
- Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose Copy from there.
- Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
- Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
-- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
-- Vista, Windows 7, 2008: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool
) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to print out and follow all instructions for performing a scan or refer to these instructions with screenshots.
- Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the Desktop. Vista/Windows 7 users refer to these instructions if you're unsure how to unzip a file.
- If you don't have an extracting program, you can download TDSSKiller.exe and use that instead.
- Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
-- If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to these instructions. In some cases it may be necessary to redownload TDSSKiller and randomly rename it before downloading and saving to the computer.-- For any files detected as 'Suspicious' (except those identified as Forged to be cured after reboot) get a second opinion by submitting to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
- When the program opens, click the Start Scan button.
- Do not use the computer during the scan
- If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
- Any objects found, will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
- If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure...do not change it.
- Click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.<- Important!!
- If 'Suspicious' objects are detected, you will be given the option to Skip or Quarantine. Skip will be the default selection. Leave it as such for now.
- A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
, your log is posted here
. Now that your log is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer
(install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member...nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere
. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion
for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process or make things worst
which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.
From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from
, until they have verified your log as clean. BTW, you posted a duplicate topic with the same log which I removed. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics
as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. Further, it necessitates staff spending time with housecleaning to remove or close those duplicate postings...time which could have been provided to others needing assistance.