Let me know if the redirects come backPlease print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file. It will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps..uninstall some programs1.
click on start2.
then go to settings3.
after that you need control panel4.
look for the icon add/remove programs
click on the following programs Adobe Reader 9.4.3
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 6
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 9
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_03
Java™ 6 Update 21 <-- Do Not Remove
Java™ 6 Update 3
Java™ 6 Update 5
Java™ 6 Update 7
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
and click on remove
Update Adobe Reader
Recently there have been vunerabilities detected in older versions of Adobe Reader. It is strongly suggested that you update to the current version.
You can download it from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
After installing the latest Adobe Reader
, uninstall all previous versions.
If you already have Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition installed or do not wish to have it installed UN
check the box which says Also Download Adobe Photoshop® Album Starter Edition.
If you don't like Adobe Reader (53 MB), you can download Foxit PDF Reader(7 MB) from here
. It's a much smaller file to download and uses a lot less resources than Adobe Reader.Note:
When installing FoxitReader, be carefull not to install anything to do with AskBar
[/list]Your Java is out of date.
It can be updated by the Java control panel
Clear your Java Cache
- click on Start-> Control Panel (Classic View)-> Java (looks like a coffee cup) -> Update Tab -> Update Now.
- An update should begin;
- follow the prompts
TFC(Temp File Cleaner):
- click on Start-> Control Panel (Classic View)-> Java (looks like a coffee cup)
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
- Next, click on the Delete Files button
- There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
Applications and Applets
Trace and Log Files
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
Note: Save your work.
- Please download TFC to your desktop,
- Save any unsaved work. TFC will close all open application windows.
- Double-click TFC.exe to run the program.
- If prompted, click "Yes" to reboot.
TFC will automatically close any open programs, let it run uninterrupted. It shouldn't take longer take a couple of minutes, and may only take a few seconds. Only if needed will you be prompted to reboot.: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware :
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
- Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- then click Finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- Be sure that everything is Checked (ticked) except items in the C:\System Volume Information folder and click on Remove Selected.
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please copy and paste the log into your next reply
- If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
- C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Download HijackThis
"information and logs"
- Go Here to download HijackThis Installer
- Save HijackThis Installer to your desktop.
- Double-click on the HijackThis Installer icon on your desktop. (Vista and Win 7 right click and run as admin)
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
- Click on Install.
- It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
- Once installed it will launch Hijackthis.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
- DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
- In your next post I need the following
- Log From MBAM
- report from Hijackthis
- let me know of any problems you may have had
- How is the computer doing now?