Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus, malware even after running malwarebytes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blueunicorn4

blueunicorn4

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi

My husbands computer is running windows 7 and has picked up a virus/malware. Had problems running malwarebytes, so ran Rkill (eventually!!) and then malwarebytes which found 5 infections which we removed. Restarted computer and still got the pop up box. The pop up warns that you have a virus and there is a pop up box that appears when you try to run any programme and blocks the programme from running. The original problem also meant couldn't access internet even in safe mode. Loaded Rkill and MBAM from a memory stick and copy pasted to desktop.Pop up box text shown below.

security alert
virus alert
application cannot be started
the file sxpwutil.exe is damaged
do you want to activate your antivirus software now?

on the task bar it pops up with antivirus software alert warning of a virus 'win32/nuqel.E'
and a window with antivirus programme which looks like it is running an antivirus programme. The programme box has a green shield icon on the left.

Hope this is clear. Look forward to some help
Thanks in advance for your time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueunicorn4

blueunicorn4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

Help!!!Please can someone point me in the right direction for this. My husband is driving me nuts being computerless for almost a week. Can't open anything without the virus popping up and no internet. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users