Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All but one of 20+ entries say Search Term Not Found

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tbiz52

tbiz52

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:29 AM

I am so thrilled that I stumbled upon your website.

I started using Autoruns by following the wonderful step - by - step directions you all have listed. The first entry worked great and I was so excited. I believe if this works out my computer will soon be running at the speed it was meant to run.

But now I have a new problem. The first program went thru the database slick as a whistle. It is a Y. But the rest of the programs (we are talking bour 20+ so far) have all stated that Search Term Not Found I quess I wouldnt be to concerned bout this but they keep coming up that way.

What do I do?

I know this is not right cause these programs are common. Windows mail - Windows Defender ect...

After the fact:

i know that the directions say to Google the item if it comes up not known but I didnt do that cause there were so many coming up that way.
But i thought while i was waiting for someone to answer I have the time to check it out.
So I googled the very first one that came up unknown.
But I am confused.... I'm freaking out cause this one came right up as a serious threat worm... But the description under it says that it is Windows Defender.

How can that be...

Edited by tbiz52, 03 April 2011 - 08:08 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

Can you post some examples?

Windows Mail is not typically a program that starts up automatically.

#3 tbiz52

tbiz52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:46 PM

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components Microsoft Windows Mail 7 Windows Mail Microsoft Corporation c:\program files (x86)\windows mail\winmail.exe

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Settings.ini

It seems that both of these should be known programs but they show up not. This sidebar one has all the programs under it that are on the sidebar, clock, calendar, weather etc...

When I google them I dont get any recognizable description that comes close to what it should be for these two programs.

And these are just two of several others just like it.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

These are not automatic start up programs. The startup database only contains programs, and not all by far, that startup automatically when you login into windows.

Windows Mail is not a program that starts up automatically.

#5 tbiz52

tbiz52
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:03 AM

ok what should i do. it is there and you say that it is not supposed to be what should i do about the - all but first one so far - that is not recognized as a start up program would you like me to give you more examples... i can even give all of them to you if you would like i am using the autoruns - sysinternals: www.sysinternals.com that was given at the place where we are supposed to start before we ask questions

Edited by tbiz52, 21 April 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

No, I am not saying it shouldn't be there. I am just saying its not a program startup we cover in our database.

The HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components Microsoft Windows Mail 7 Windows Mail Microsoft Corporation c:\program files (x86)\windows mail\winmail.exe is legitimate and can be ignored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users