1. When I boot up, the desktop is black and all the icons are gone. Quick launch icons are gone but tray icons are there.
2. When I open explorer, the standard windows folders (desktop, user, documents, downloads, etc.) are present. But they all show as empty. If I go to a cmd window, it also shows all directories as empty.
On the other hand
3. If I search for programs, I can generally find then run them, although there are few hiccups.
4. I have networking and can surf the net if I search for the browser and then run it.
5. If I open treeview and scan, I can find everything on the computer and run it normally.
6. Media player seems to find files OK
7. If I download and install a new program, I can create a new desktop icon.
Any help appreciated.
Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2011 - 05:54 PM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.