Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I boost my wifi signal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dt200

Dt200

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Your help is really appreciated. How I'm I suppose to boost my wifi signal without a repeater? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 etaf

etaf

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

try a high gain aerial

this is taken from another forum, by a network guru, johnwill

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

from a JohnWill post

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/950817-improving-wireless-signal.html

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ETAF

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:30 PM

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Share the connection? Get better reception in the house. How far do you need the connection to reach?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users