Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows/itunes wont recognize ipod

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 downwithitunes

downwithitunes

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:04 AM

I just purchased a brand new Asus Windows 7 laptop, (its only 2 weeks old) my previous computer was an Windows XP desktop.

The problem I am having is with my ipod. Every time I try to update my software on my ipod with the latest firmware, it stops and says that the update failed. Then Itunes AND my computer can no longer recognize the ipod. This happened on my old PC too, and originally I thought there was something wrong with my USB ports. Now Im not so sure what is going on. Currently my ipod is in recovery mode (It tells me to plug in to itunes) and is totally unusable.

Obviously at one point my itunes/computer DID recognize the ipod as I was able to sync the ipod to my new computer. But now it doesnt even know my ipod exists.

Help! :(

Thanks in advance. If you need to ask any other details let me know, I apologize in advance as I am a total newb here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users