Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple SERIOUS Issues: Began as Google Redirect infection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JustJen1120

JustJen1120

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 AM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hello!

Thank you in advance for reading this.

I have the Google Redirect virus/malware. I started following the proceedure to get help and got to creating a D.D.S. log. I ran this x2, each time it locked up my computer and I had to completely restart.

So I posted a question about this in the malware removal log forum.

Well, I went back to my normal activities and noticed that everything is running slow and that explorer would freeze up, requiring another reboot.

Suspecting something terrible, I came back to this forum and decided to download anti-virus software. I went to trend micro and began to download their titanium edition free trial. During the download, I heard several sounds that usually indicate a problem, but no error messages appeared.

After download, ALL of the icons on my desktop are greyed out -- like they are not there and if I go to the start menu and try to use the "programs" drop down box, it says "empty".

During installation, an error message came up stating that an old program, SpySweeper, was not compatible with trend micro, did I want to remove it? I said yes, but the program came back saying that it couldn't. So I went back and tried to install again, this time, it said that some components hadn't downloaded. Error message #0, 1003, 0x000.

So I went to Trend Mirco's website. they suggested running House Call. So I tried that, but during the first few minutes of house call, the screen went blue and the computer restarted. I created an error log report of this to send to Microsoft and they are calling it a Stop (blue screen) error caused by a device or driver.

The information says that many of these errors are caused by malware, which I clearly have on my computer.

Now I am scared to try ANYTHING because this thing seems to know what I'm going to do and how to block it.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Jennifer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hello,Jennifer.

I deleted your other topic as that forum requires the DDS log.

I think we will have to start here.
Please download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System.
alternate download link
Place a blank CD in your burner and double-click on the rescue system package (rescuecd.exe) to burn it to a CD/DVD which you can then use to boot your computer and run a scan. For detailed instructions, refer to the Tutorial for Avira Rescue CD. If you encounter problems running Avira AntiVir Rescue System, you can get further assistance at the Avira Tools Support Forum.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 JustJen1120

JustJen1120
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hello -- thank you so much for responding!

Before I begin, I was wondering:

1. Do I need to be in safe mode to download this program?

2. Can I download/run it from a flash drive or does it have to be a disc?

Thank you again --

Jennifer

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:36 PM

Fkash drive is OK and Normal mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 JustJen1120

JustJen1120
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Good morning BoopMe!

Well, things are not so good. I ran the Avira program and it found several viruses. One was a Java virus, which I now remember downloading an update Thursday or so, right about the time the problem started.

However, when I went to go reboot the computer, all I get is the blue screen of death to a black screen that says that due to a problem, the compter has to restart. I then have the option of choosing normal, safe mode or safe mode with networking.

I panicked and didn't know what to do, this was an endless loop. It just kept trying to restart and failing. So, I pushed the disc back in thinking that since it could load Avira, maybe I hadn't done something correctly there.

Please help....I am completely panicked at this point.

Thank you so much for your help.

Jennifer

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,561 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

So you are stuck in a reboot loop? If so I will ask someone to look at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users