Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDD Scan Removed Partially But Still Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1Lennox

1Lennox

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:27 PM

I got the HDD Scan virus yesterday. I ran hijackthis and found the random string it as using in a reg key. I then:

1. I had hijack this "fix" it.
2. Looked in startup and found it there. Disabled it.
3. I ran a search in the registry of the random string and found the key. I deleted it.
4. I ran malwarebytes. It found 3 hijacks. Removed them. (Got the task manager back)

When I boot up now, the HDD Scan no longer comes up. Fine, but this hasn't entirely fixed the problem. Nothing else loads either. My computer is just the same as before, except the HDD Scan screen doesn't appear. The screen is black with the taskbar and tray. The basic Windows file structure is there (username, documents, downloads, etc.), but they show empty when I click on them. Nothing beyond very basic windows functions run. The directories all show as empty.

I've no idea what to do next. Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users