Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random white screen?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JustAnotherWittyName

JustAnotherWittyName

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:39 PM

After booting up my laptop today I decided to move some files from downloads (photos) to Pictures. As I typed in "downloads" in the search bar and moused over it, my computer locked up. After a few seconds it went to an entirely white screen. The white screen lasted for about a minute until my computer restarted itself. After rebooting I got the standard "Windows could not shut down successfully" message. I booted as normal. The computer works fine, nothing seems to be missing. Malwarebytes and Avast! work great (I've scanned the computer with both) and I have had no issues with anything, no errors either. What happened? I run Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit on a Toshiba Satellite L505D with a Hitachi HTS540.

Edited by JustAnotherWittyName, 02 April 2011 - 12:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JustAnotherWittyName

JustAnotherWittyName
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:09 AM

Now I am getting random black screens while browsing with Firefox. They aren't too common, and pressing the Windows key exits out of them. It seems to happen once every two days or so. I apologize if this is not specific enough or gives too little information, this is all there is too it. There have been no other unusual or suspicious actions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users