Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Painter Ix Display Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KIM-BERLY

KIM-BERLY

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:05 AM

I've been using Painter IX for a couple of years. I really enjoy it.

I wanted to work on a picture for my Mother for her birthday on Dec. 29th. I opened Painter before Christmas and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I have a screen shot of it because I don't know how to describe it. However I have no idea how to get the screen shot inserted into this thread.

Well, the tool box has a hidious green background. All the pallets have this green color on them. The color pallet is really screwed up. Any image I import has a green overlay to it with blue speckled blotches.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and downloaded the 9.1 update and reinstalled it.

I turned off Window Blinds. I've told Window Blinds to stop skinning Painter.

I've disabled some of the files and repaired it and reapplied the update.

I've been using it with Window Blinds enabled and have had no problems with the pallets or the way it's affected pictures I'm opening to work with.

I've been searching the internet since I first had this problem and can't find anyone else with this same problem. I can't use Painter at all with this green infestation.

If someone will tell me how to include the screen shot in a post so you can see it, I'll do it.

Okay, here's the screen shot of what's going on.
Posted Image

Edited by KIM-BERLY, 28 December 2005 - 02:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 02:25 AM

To insert images in a post see this topic - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

Don't know anything about Painter, sorry.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 KIM-BERLY

KIM-BERLY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 03:45 AM

I finally found a post on a different forum that fixed the problem.

Some how my display settings got changed from 32-bit to 16-bit.

Everything looks fine now.

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 28 December 2005 - 07:35 AM

That's good news! Glad you fixed it. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users