Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't use search bar because of +++++++++

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rjbeck

rjbeck

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:56 AM

Hi,I have a new Acer laptop and every time I go online the plus sign fills in the Google search bar or any other search bar, Looks like this
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ and it just keeps going. It does stop when I press the space bar then starts up again I've closed the auto fill and nothing I've checked every button to see if it was stuck and nothing.Any empty box that you can use for a search is affected. As soon as you click on a search box the PLUS ++++++++ fills in the box and does not stop..
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Randy

Edited by hamluis, 02 April 2011 - 11:59 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Keithuk

Keithuk

• Members
  • 960 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

Do a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan Randy. :wink:

Keith

Windows ME (spare computer)
Windows XP 2002 Professional SP3 (desktop computer)
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32bit (laptop computer)

Windows 8 64bit spare drive for laptop computer

#3 rjbeck

rjbeck
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 02:07 AM

Keith,
Thanks for the reply, I did the scan both deep and quick with the software suggested 0 items found. I also used my vipre software and had 0 results. The computer is an Acer laptop about 2months old and I've tried everything. Sometimes I can do a search and type in what I want and other times as soon as I click on any search box it fills in with +++++++++++++++++++ and I hit the space bar to stop it then it starts again. Besides for this problem the computer works perfect. It happens if I use Explorer and Firefox I did shut off the autofill Thanks for your help. Randy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users