Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving iTunes preferences to another pc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lilium

Lilium

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:14 AM

*Thank you for reading my post!*

I'm going to retire my current pc and transfer my files to another pc, but I'm afraid of losing all of my iTunes configurations. I'm going to install Windows Vista on the new computer; a used custom build with a 2GHz AMD processor and (will have) 2GB of ram. Currently, iTunes reads my music from an external hdd. I haven't consolidated my files. I have edited the names of many songs and created many Smart Playlists. If I were to reinstall iTunes on the new pc, the changes would be lost and I'd have to rename hundreds of songs and regroup them into their playlists.

So my question is: Is there a file(s) that stores the information to the changes you make to songs and which playlists you've created. This way I can save them and paste them to my new pc. Hopefully iTunes would reconfigure itself to the way it was on the old pc. An suggestions? Thanks again.

Tempus Fugit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rootkit Hunter

Rootkit Hunter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

I've had to do this several times, this link gives a decent overview of the process to export/import your iTunes library. Hope this helps.

http://www.kadavy.net/blog/posts/transfer-itunes-library/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users