Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Display too big

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 verbtex

verbtex

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hello, I am am having a problem with my computer display mainly. This computer is a notebook with an extremely small screen, and when I woke it up from sleep mode, it changed the way it looks. The horizontal distance is fine, the vertical distance is not. I know that the taskbar at the bottom is there, but my screen doesn't display it. Any suggestions on what to do?

I know that the taskbar is there because when I press print screen, and display it on paint I can easily see it. If i have any program open (Such as Mozilla Firefox) I can see all the top bars fine (including the exit button) so the horizantal distacne is fine, but the bottom bars are too far down the screen to see anything, meaning that the vertical distance is distorted.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I'm really desperate to fix this. Thanks for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Sounds like the ratio is off.
Try control panel - display - seeings tab.
Make sure it is set to 800x600 or 1024x768
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 verbtex

verbtex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:19 PM

Well, when I change the resolution, the screen just gets blurry, it doesn't change what I see. The taskbar is still too low for the screen to display.

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

What resolution do you have it set to?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 verbtex

verbtex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Right now it is 1024 x 768. When i change it to 800x600, everything gets blurry and oversized. Any other ideas you have?

#6 verbtex

verbtex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

I forgot to mention earlier that it is a Dell Inspiron mini. On the bottom the Model Number is listed as PP19S to give you an idea of the screen size.

#7 verbtex

verbtex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:40 PM

I fixed the computer by using the scroll wheel on my mouse while all programs were closed. I guess the computer realized it was all out of whack and snapped back into shape.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,248 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

FWIW: To decrease the size of what is reflected onscreen...you need to increase the resolution.

Typically, 800x600 results in the largest view shown and is the Windows default. If the view is too large, you need to go to a higher resolution.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users