Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes AntiMalware

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wayne937

wayne937

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Just a question. I am a snowbird living in an over 55 years of age park in Florida. Occasionally some of my neighbors needs help with removing viruses. They look to me for the free help I provide. I have already downloaded the SAS portable program, and have it on a disc. I would like to know if Malwarebytes Antimalware has a stand alone, or portable version, where I could download, and transfer it to a memory stick and use it for the folks who cannot get on the internet? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

If it is done. It is unsupported by Malwarebytes, and possibly a violation of terms of use.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

Animal, it is just friends, helping friends. I do not charge anything for my service. I would think that this would be good advertisement for Malwarebytes. A lot of folks don't even know what Malwarebytes is. In fact I highly recommend it to all my friends. Besides, I would like to have a copy for myself in case I run into a problem, and can't get on line. I have been in this situation before so I like to be prepared. I would never abuse a free service. Obviously, it can't be done, or you would have told me where to find a standalone program. Thanks for your responce.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,969 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:04 PM

There is no portable version available although they have talked about it from time to time.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

I already made a portable version of Malwarebytes for you using Cameyo to save you time. You can download it from here.

You can make any application portable with Cameyo, including Malwarebytes. You can download Cameyo from here - http://www.cameyo.com/
Hope it helps. :)

Edited by Alvas Rawuther, 02 April 2011 - 11:04 AM.

SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

#6 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

Alvas, Thank you so much. I appreciate you doing this for me. I have never heard of Cameyo. I guess we learn something new every day in this hitech world we live in. Thanks again.

#7 Alvas Rawuther

Alvas Rawuther

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 PM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:38 AM

Happy to help. :)
SYSTEM SPECS.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 | Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz | 4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz RAM | 488 GB WD SATA HDD | 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 | No real-time antivirus | MBAM on-demand | Windows 7's Built-in Firewall |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users