Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Delete HP Printer Driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 misko

misko

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:55 PM

I Have an ALL N ONE HP Printer, Win 7 64 Bit. Due to a Scanner Failure error, I have tried to remove and install the S/W several times . I have deleated everything associated with my HP all in one printer, in Registery, all Temp files, & Add / Rm programs. All thats remaining is a Digital Imaging, Bin file HPSLPSVC64.DLL and action states it cannot be deleted because it is open in HP Network Devices Support. Also after all this when i go into my Network the Printer is still there with no delete option, but under Divicies and Printers it's gone. Can anyone offer any assistance on a CLEAN DELETE of these printer files. Thanks in advance........

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:02 PM

Try Revo Uninstaller

#3 misko

misko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

I've tried everything known to man--Revo,CC Cleaner, and as stated i've deleted everything in REGEDIT !!

#4 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

Open your Services panel, and 'Stop' the WIA (Windows Image Aquisistion) Service. You should now be able to delete the HP dll file.

#5 misko

misko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:46 PM

I stopped the WIN---The Network image of the Printer is now gone but still cannot delete the .DLL file. What do i do with the WIN later, restart?

Edited by misko, 01 April 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#6 Zuhl3156

Zuhl3156

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

When you reinstall your drivers, the WIA will restart itself. In order to delete the remaining dll file, try to "Take ownership" using this registry 'hack': http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/
This 'hack' is very easy to use and is easily removed when you're done with it. I've used it many times to 'edit' or 'delete' config files.
You can select to 'show hidden files and folders' and see if any HP files are remaining in your User Profile's 'AppData' folder.

#7 misko

misko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

Thanks a bunch--but i worked it out another way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users