Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal network card no longer works

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phillipbritain

phillipbritain

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

Hi,
My computer (ASUS CM5675 desktop) was acting perfectly until I decided to install Ubuntu. After installation I noticed that when I booted to Windows 7 that the "disconected network cable" icon popped up. I checked the Device Manager to see if the card is enabled (which it is) and to see if Windows thinks its functioning properly (which it does). I tried using different cables, plugging directly into the modem, disabeling and reenabeling the card, unistalling the driver then reinstalling, and even completly reformatiing the entire harddrive to start fresh but still have the same problem. Also, to further prove that something is wrong, the network status light on my switch will blink for which ever port I plug the desktop into, whereas everything else (modem, laptop, xbox 360) gives a solid status light (indicating everything is ok).

Is there anything I can do, or is stock internal network card (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) toast?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:42 PM

Sounds like a bad card. Device manager says its working properly? Perhaps the port on your switch is messed up? try plugging cable to computer, to your xbox an see if network connection exists?
==]--s1lents0ul-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users