Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie 4/1/11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 scottie916

scottie916

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

Just a quick Hi & Hello to everyone out there.

Thought it might be a good idea to update to HJ 2.0.4, run a scan and send it in for analysis. Not that I am actually aware of any issues - let's call it a preventative visit to the doctor's office. Hopefully there will not be anything to be concerned about. If there is, I am pretty adept and following punch-list steps to fix my issues.

Besides this intro, there is ONE nagging thing I am encountering that the "wonderful" support reps from ASUS misled me on. My MB # M3N78-VM would lockup sometimes during a reboot. No rhyme or reason. They suggested I pull the battery and reset the BIOS/CMOS to the factory settings.

Did that, "no issues", except....

- no built in floppy drive, use an external 3.5" Mitsumi USB drive
>>> following their reset, it does not get recognized as the A: drive, but ALWAYS as the B: drive

- 2 internal HDD, but I want to utilize my 1 TB HDD to backup my internal drives
>>> following their reset, NO external HDD via the USB port is recognized

They say "recommend" downloading the newest & greatest BIOS update and flashing it over. Anyone else have a better suggestions since they led me wrong once already?!

-Scott

PS... system specifics:

M3N78-VM (ASUS)
Motherboard
SocketAM2/AM2+/AM3
95M0AB182289
2009/09/14
Geek Werkz

Rev: 1.02G
MB BIOS Rev: AMI v1009 Date: 04/09/2009

VGA Card Vendor: NVIDIA
VGA Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce 8200 rev. A2
VGA Card ChipSet: VIA
VGA Card Driver: 6.14.12.5896 (07/09/2010)
VGA Card BIOS: 62.77.2F.00.00
VGA Card RAM: 512 MB

CPU Vendor: AMD
CPU Type: SocketAM2/AM2+/AM3
CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz

Memory Vendor: Crucial
Memory Model: PC2-4200
Memory Capacity: 1.0 GB
Memory Specs: DDR2 PC2-5300 CL=5 Unbuffered NON-ECC DDR2-667 1.8V 128Meg x 64

(Crucial System Scan)

Maximum Memory Capacity: 8192MB
Currently Installed Memory: 2.5GB
Available Memory Slots: 1
Total Memory Slots: 4
Dual Channel Support: Yes
CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
CPU Family: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ Model 11, Stepping 2
CPU Speed: 2000 MHz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:54 AM

What version of Windowx is installed?

As for HJT...it hasn't been used as a diagnostic tool for malware at this website...for quite some time.

If you suspect that you have malware issues...we have two forums which assist members with those.

a. Am I Infected, What Do I Do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum103.html

b. Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html

If you provide specific details concerning what problems you are encountering...and what O/S is installed...we can move this post to what appears to be the appropriate forum. See the note at the top of this screen...pertaining to the purpose of the Introductions forum.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,292 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is now closed. Please follow the directions hamluis has posted.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users