Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maladvertising Hijack / Virus / Malware ??

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 tiredoftrying

tiredoftrying

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:02 AM

Attached File  Attach.txt   22.9KB   0 downloadsFirst posted this problem a few days ago but I had trouble posting logs and when I eventually succeeded it took about 10 "replies" from me which I now appreciate may look like someone was already helping me.

My Problems began a week ago when I was unlucky enough to be using spotify before they pulled their infected adverts.

I have problems on a laptop and a PC, but have not managed to get logs from the PC so will concentrate on the laptop here on post separately for the PC

I made dds and gmer logs on Tuesday which are attached. Since then the machine has become increasingly unusable and now I can only start it in safemode, often it does not respond start up or shut down properly.

AVG found Win32/Kryptik.MCK
Malewarebytes found PUM.Disabled.Securitycentre and Broken.opencommand
Avast found JS:ScriptIP-Imf(Trj)

When I was able to use IE it was redirecting google result links to various dodgy looking search engines etc. Now I suspect the machine is Hijacked if I manage to get it online.

I realise that you must get lots of requests but I really need help!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Your other topic here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic387868.html is still in the queue so I will close this one.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users