Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do i increase fan speed on a GeForce Go 6150 gpu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kingjoser

kingjoser

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

i cant figure out how to increase my fan speed. ive downloaded Riva Tuner and SpeedFan but the options that are supposed to be there to change the fan speed are not there. ive watched youtube tutorials, but im missing some of the option under customize in riva tuner. Help Me!! I have an hp pavilion DV2000 and windows 7 OS. Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 chip.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,167 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:26 AM

A DV2000 doesn't have a GPU fan, the fan assembly is just different depending on whether the laptop is a UMA or discrete video version. Is the laptop overheating? If so it's more likely something like dust buildup within the internal air path. A search suggests some users of that model think it runs hot and use it with an external cooler.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 kingjoser

kingjoser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:28 AM

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users