Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

photo gallery wantsa to configure at startup

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jackngwen2004

jackngwen2004

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

When I startup the computer and I get to the desktop Windows Installer wants to configure photo gallery but when it tries to do this it winds up asking to put in a cd for photo gallery as the information it needs is on a cd. I have no cd for photo gallery and would like to delete photo gallery alltogether as I have a different photo program.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,249 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

Are you referring to this program, http://www.coffeecup.com/photo-gallery/ ?

Have you tried to remove the program you refer to...via Add/Remove Programs?

Louis

What version of Windows is installed?

Some Google Links

Edited by hamluis, 31 March 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#3 jackngwen2004

jackngwen2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:48 AM

Hello Louis, I think this is a Windows program and it is not on my add/remove listing. I have Windows xp pro. I am also getting an error code that is as follows: error 1706 no valid source for windows installer. I have read that HP products can cause problems with this program. I do have a printer/fax etc...

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

This post may be of help..

The Nasty Error 1706 Fix
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-performance/problemerror-1706no-valid-source-could-be-found/72c3b069-97e0-4877-a229-eb5f5813e71d
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jackngwen2004

jackngwen2004
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

Thank you for the link, I did as it instructed and it ended the problem. I will now try to install my printer/scanner to see if it will load up properly. Thanks again for your help. I am sure glad there is a forum such as this to help people with their problems.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,740 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:06 PM

You're welcome from all of us!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users