Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot download or update any security programs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Twoecho

Twoecho

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:41 AM

Today I noticed that my Kaspersky virus definitions were showing out of date, so I tried to update them. The update never progressed past 0% and always gave me an error: could not connect to update site message. This, combined with some noticeable computer behavior changes (as well as some irresponsible web surfing on the part of my teenage son) made me somewhat suspicious. So I figured I'd run Malwarebytes anti-malware. It too is showing outdated and cannot connect to yhe site recieve the updates. Now I really think something is amiss, so I try Superantispyware, windows defender and even windows update. None of these programs are updating, nor can I get to any of their websites. When I scan with the programs as is, they find no issues. However, I am pretty sure I got something. What should I do next?

One more thing:

I would try system restore, but the last time I had a virus (A long time ago) it was suggested that I turn off restore until the computer was completely cleaned, and I forgot to turn it back on :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users