I have tried the following:
- Burning using Nero and Imgburn
- Removing all burning software and security software & reinstalling only Nero.
- Removing all IDE chains and the drive itself from device manager and allowed Windows to reinstall the devices.
- Checked Upper/Lower filters in registry. None found.
- Replaced drive.
- Attempted to boot to Ubuntu to try burning with brasero. The computer skips the cdrom during boot.
- It also appears that this computer can't boot to usb.
- Updating the BIOS. Still can't boot to CD or burn.
EDIT: It appears that the Imgburn failure was just a fluke; maybe bad media. I can burn in Imgburn without problem. I also found a workaround for Nero. The burn succeeds if I burn at Max speed instead of leaving it set to Auto.
I still haven't been able to boot from CD though.
Edited by Joombaga, 31 March 2011 - 04:08 PM.