Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't install printer Access is Denied

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 brucesprings

brucesprings

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:52 AM

I have a new Epson NX420 Printer that I had installed one month ago. Last week another user on the computer who does not have administrative rights like me could not print anything with her jobs getting held up in queue. So I couldn't fix that issue so I tried uninstalling and re-installing printer to fix problem. Now after trying disk that came with printer and downloading from Epson website I get to end of installation and I get error message" Can't install printer access is denied" . Is there a fix for this problem without doing a complete reinstallation of the operating system. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,867 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

Did you go to Control Panel/Printers...uninstall each printer listed...and then go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all associated printer software which installed when you originally installed the printer...before trying to reinstall it?

Louis

#3 brucesprings

brucesprings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

Yes I did that. I even went into registry to delete other items it left behind. I don't get how it was installed before a month ago and now it won't.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

Have you tried running the installer "As Administrator" (right click on the .exe file and choose "Run as administrator")? If so, and if that doesn't work, try running it in the default admin account: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/507-built-administrator-account-enable-disable.html

#5 brucesprings

brucesprings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

Thanks, that sounds like it might work. I am at work now but will try tonight when I get home.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

Let us know.

#7 brucesprings

brucesprings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

Sorry to say nothing worked.

#8 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

One other thing you can try is running Revo Uninstaller (http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html) then following the instructions to install as admin. Admittedly W7 permissions can be finicky, but the fact that you installed the printer once makes this a little hard to diagnose.

#9 brucesprings

brucesprings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Allan,

I used Revo last night before I did everything else. I was on the phone with computer manufacture and they told me it was printer company problem and printer company told me it was computer problem. I was thinking if I have a laptop that runs Vista can I try installing it on the wireless network I have and printer off of it from there or will I still get that same error message when I try to print that way? Thanks again.

Edited by brucesprings, 01 April 2011 - 07:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users