Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 busygal

busygal

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

I have a new isp and i was wondering that if i connect my tower to the new isp can i still look at all the emails i still had in the inbox or sent folders ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

Yes, your emails sent to your previous ISP address will still be available in Outlook Express.

The mails reside on your computer, not the ISP mail server, so they are not lost when you cancel service with an ISP.

You won't have to set up another account in Outlook Express for your new ISP mail.

All you have to do is change your current settings.

Open Outlook Express.

Tools/Accounts/Mail tab.

Highlight your account, then click Properties.

You should be able to make changes which will configure OE to work with your new ISP mail.

In order to change it, you will need the ISP server settings. See if the ISP has those settings online or call to find out what they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users