Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe flash player+Adobe pdf viewer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 honu1

honu1

• Members
  • 477 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

Not sure where this should end up,but I'm sure it will be guided to the correct forum,as always.
After doing quite a bit of reading today,I decided that the Adobe PDF viewer is a resource hog. I uninstalled any traces of it I could find in my add/remove programs part of my pc. Just a few minutes ago while reading another post here at BC, I discovered I had to install Adobe Flash player to view an article thru YouTube.
My question is how does flash differ from the pdf viewer? They're both an Adobe thing,right?

I opted to download a small viewer called Sumatra,by the way.

Thanks
honu1
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

It's a different product and unlike Adobe Reader, there are no alternatives for Flash.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

FWIW: There are various replacements for Adobe Reader...that are not as obnoxious.

You may want to try Foxit Reader, Cute PDF, or any of the others available...then choose the one that you like the most.

Google Article on PDF Viewers, etc.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users