Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adobe flash player

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 autopsietech

autopsietech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:36 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this site, a friend at work said you all saved her computers life, so I am hoping you can save mine as well. Several weeks ago I got a virus on my desktop home computer, a friend from work cleaned up my computer, removed the virus, I thought all was well. Since then I cannot listen to any music, actually have no sound at all, cannot upload/download any of my pictures and cannot play any games. When I do try any of the above I get the message, you must upload Adobe Flash Player. I went to control panel, it is already installed. I uninstalled it, tried to reinstall it, but am getting the same message, I am at my wits end, what else can I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Use the Flash uninstall tool at this link and then reinstall a fresh copy. Using Add/Remove programs for Flash doesn't work.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 autopsietech

autopsietech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

I tried this, but everytime I try to install this program, I get almost to the end and then I get a box that says to "exit" or "close" yahoo messenger and Internet explorer, I exited/closed yahoo messenger, but am unable to exit internet explore, I have tried clt,alt,delete, start task manager, didn't work, I have right clicked on internet explorer, it is not giving me the option to close or exit

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling IE. Maybe the infection corrupted it. Or try an alternative browser like Firefox or Chrome. I gave up on IE a few months ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users